VISA FOR SRI LANKAN NATIONALS
Nationals of Sri Lanka, like most other countries, need to have Bangladesh visa endorsed on their passports before visiting Bangladesh. Visa-on-arrival is not available for any South Asian countries including Sri Lanka. Bangladesh High Commission in Colombo is authorized to issue visa primarily to Sri Lankan nationals.
VISA FOR NON-SRI LANKAN NATIONALS
The High Commission often comes across questions about Bangladesh visa for non-Sri Lankan nationals.
They can apply at Bangladesh High Commission in Colombo, only if they have valid Sri Lankan residence visa endorsed on their passports.
VISA-ON-ARRIVAL FOR NON-SRI LANKAN NATIONALS
If these non-Sri Lankan nationals, now visiting Sri Lanka, do not have Sri Lankan residence visa on their passports, they stand a chance of availing visa-on-arrival in Bangladesh, if they are of certain nationalities and if they meet certain conditions. They can avail the visa-on-arrival under following two categories:
(A) Special consideration to nationals of certain countries basically with limited access to Bangladesh diplomatic/consular posts: Barbados, Botswana, Congo, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ireland, Jamaica, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritania, Seychelles, Swaziland, St. Kitts & Nevis, Western Samoa & Zambia. The fee for this category of visa is standard USD 50.00.
(B) Special consideration to nationals of certain countries basically for visits related to official duty, business, investment and tourism, subject to certain conditions. Please click here for instructions regarding this category of visa (limited legibility; enlarged view advised). The fee for this category of visa is same as that normally applicable for the country of which the applicant is a national.
Please click here for chart of fees for Bangladesh visa for different countries.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VISA FOR SRI LANKAN NATIONALS AT THIS HIGH COMMISSION
Application form for visa:
- Applicants may collect passport form from the counter of the Consular Section of High Commission or obtain and fill it online here at this web site and print it
Process for visa:
- Applicants are requested to submit at appropriate consular hours one copy of duly filled-in application form along with common & additional supporting documents including processing fee
- Documents in local language are to be submitted with notarized English translation
- Payment of processing fee should be made in local currency to the counter
- Processing fee for Sri Lankan passport holders: LKR 1,500/- for single entry, LKR 1,500/- for double entry and LKR 3,000/- for multiple entry visa (information of processing fee for non-Sri Lankan passport holders is available at the counter)
- During submission, applicants are interviewed
- Visas are normally ready for delivery after 04 working days from submission (for certain categories of visa, processing of visa may take longer)
- If, for any reason, applicant intends to get his/her passport back before the date of delivery (and without endorsement of visa), he or she should apply in writing on plain paper; visa processing fee, however, will not be refunded
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VISA (Continued)
Common documents to be attached with application for visa:
- Two copies of recent passport size photograph
- Passport (minimum validity of 6 months) and its photocopy and, in case of non-Sri Lankan passport, also photocopy of page of residence visa
- Non-refundable processing fee
- Additional supporting documents depending on category of visa (shown below)
Additional documents based on type of visa:
VISIT VISA (High Commission can issue visit (T) visa with validity of short duration with single entry)
- Letter of invitation from Bangladesh or hotel booking in Bangladesh
- Copy of flight particulars or air ticket
- Bank statement covering last 30 days or more
BUSINESS VISA (High Commission can issue business (B) visa with validity of maximum 6 months with multiple entry)
- Copy of registration of company in Sri Lanka
- Letter of authorization from company in Sri Lanka about proposed visit
- Letter of recommendation from a recognized business chamber in Sri Lanka or a sponsor in Bangladesh
EMPLOYMENT /TECHNICIAN VISA (High Commission can issue employment (E) and technician (E1) visa with single entry for validity of 03 months)
- Copy of contract of employment from concerned company in Bangladesh
- Letter of recommendation received direct by High Commission from Board of Investment (BOI) or Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA) or other government agencies of Bangladesh
- In case of visa for dependent family member (FE) of someone on employment visa (E), the work permit of the concerned employee and documents as evidence of status of dependent family member of the applicant have to be submitted in addition
INVESTOR VISA (High Commission can issue investor (PI) visa for validity of maximum one year with multiple entry)
- Letter of recommendation from concerned company in Bangladesh
- Letter of recommendation about investor status from Board of Investment (BOI) of Bangladesh or Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA)
STUDENT VISA (High Commission can issue student (S) visa for validity of 01 year with multiple entry)
- Document related to admission
- Bank statement of financier (unless admission is secured in a government institution and through government channel)
OTHER TYPES OF VISA
If you need information on documents for other types of visa or if you have any questions about documents of the above-mentioned types, please inquire at the counter or write e mail to email@example.com.
Please note that, for certain types of visa, High Commission needs clearance from the concerned authorities in Bangladesh.
Defense personnel are requested to submit the visa application through the Defence Wing of the High Commission (Contact number: 2695744/48 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).